Team Roping Pick and Draw Format
It has been decided to use a pick one/draw one format for the team roping beginning this year. Here is some basic information, but if you have questions or comments, please contact our team roping director, Mike Brewer, at 530-519-2587, or Susi at the National Office 928-684-9566.
- There will be separate pick one / draw one for the 40-59 age category and the 60+ age category.
- Fees will be $100 per man (for both runs) plus the NSPRA fee and stock charges
- There will be no drop down in the team roping. A 60 team cannot drop down and rope in the 40-59 age category; however,
- Rule 22.214.171.124 is still in place – a 60+ team roper can designate his points to accrue in the 40-59 age category and could win a world championship in the lower age category, as long as his partner is age appropriate and an Event Age Category Designation for Points form is signed and received by the National Office before the first rodeo is entered. (You cannot enter both age categories at the same rodeo)
- A pick team cannot draw up together in the draw pot.
- Points will be given for the pick team only.
- You cannot draw both partners.