Proposed Rule Changes for 2019
The following rule proposals will be reviewed and acted on by the Board of Directors at their meeting to be held October 1, 2018 in Duncan, OK. All or part of the proposed rules MAY be incorporated into the 2019 Rule Book.
- Anyone using the same facility, on the same weekend as a scheduled NSPRA rodeo, for fund raising for a specific event, must pay 15% of the net proceeds to the NSPRA Awards Fund or the host committee.
- Split the pens of bulls so the 40s have a pen and the 50s+ have a pen. Also split the money so the 40s ride for theirs and the 50s+ ride for theirs. No drop down. Ride in your age group.
- No drop down at finals beginning in 2019 and thereafter.
- Allow team ropers to enter on the head side and enter again on the heel side at the same rodeo.
- Allow anyone to haze in the steer wrestling regardless of age or membership.
- In the 68+ tie down, the handicap will only apply if the contestant would not place in the event without the handicap.
- Only allow two more co-sanctioned rodeos than actual NSPRA rodeos per state, considering Montana and Canada as one state.